Web Content Management Systems
The quantity of published data and the decentralized nature of today's enterprise requires that systems ease bottlenecks in authoring, editing, approving and publishing. Content management systems (CMS) are web-based applications that streamline content publication processes. Over time, a CMS will greatly reduce cost of operations, and allow business users to keep information current and valuable to your customers.
Launching a successful CMS requires attention to systems, processes and organizational culture. The ultimate success of a CMS is measured by user acceptance , adoption of the system, and improvement of business processes. Because user acceptance is so critical, Glynn takes a hands-on approach to CMS design, development and implementation:
- Requirements definition focused on information types, authors, volume, system capabilities, and CMS application functions
- Usability studies to establish design optimization based on work habits, time-to-process, and edit and approval cycles
- Business process mapping to establish and develop automated business rules and workflows
- Development to simplify content creation, edit and approval, to avoid cumbersome process changes and skill level requirements from non-technical, subject matter users who are the focus of the system
- Training tailored to emphasize user technical skills at various levels, with training classes designed to provide immediate skills to authors, publishers and approvers.
Glynn develops custom CMS solutions and also works with commercially available applications to design and implement solutions that may be integrated into portal or other enterprise-class systems.